Friday 4 December 2009

First Day

A good first day's rehearsal. Ran through my song for the end of my opening spot, "Dolly Dumpling's Special Remedy" (my version of George Formby's "Aunty Maggie's Homemade Remedy") which I wrote for "Snow White" in Worthing in 2004. I was a bit worried because the Director/Choreographer, David Samuel has added in dancers and babes doing a routine, which I didn't think the song needed, but he's done a great job and I'm totally won over; I think it's going to work really well. Also worked a bit with the MD, Colin Billing, who is wonderfully relaxed and above all patient. Another relatively easy day tomorrow but it will all kick off for real on Sunday afternoon when Peter Duncan joins us (from directing panto in Oxford).
Have decided not to try and cook Christmas lunch in our flat so have just booked for The Old Manor Inn in Kewstoke instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment